Monday, 22 June 2015

7 Cup Barfi

.                 These days, my mum is spoiling us with lots of yummy food with a added dose of love in it. And we are not complaining at all!! To hell with the calorie count, we are enjoying every bit of it ;)
                 My mum has a mastery in making different types of barfis. To be honest, I try to avoid making barfi as much as I can, because I find making the sugar syrup very tricky. But this recipe from my mum's treasure chest is so simple that within 20 minutes, you have the barfis ready to eat!!
Ingredients and Recipe-
Gram Flour, Ghee(clarified butter),Dessicated Coconut and Milk - 1cup each
Sugar-3 cups
(Use the same cup to measure all the ingredients. The size of the cup can be changed depending on the quantity of barfis you need)

1) Heat the non-stick pan and add all the ingredients.
2) Sauté on medium heat, stirring continuously for 10 minutes.
3) Now the mixture changes its' colour and starts thickening. Simmer the heat and stir for further 3-4minutes.
4)Grease a tray or a thali with some ghee and pour this mixture in it and spread evenly.
5)Cut the barfi shapes (either squares or diamonds) while it's still warm.
6)After 3-4 minutes, 7 cup barfis is ready to serve!!
   Quick, simple and delicious!! Try this recipe and I am sure, it will be a big hit in your family!!




No comments :

Post a Comment