Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Rainbow Cupcakes

Both my children love baking. So in every school term break, we make it a point to spare a day for baking. Actually, I am not a big fan of baking. I find it quite a hassle in fact to measure each ingredirnt accurately and using all thosr eqipments and clearing it later on. But its one of those things for me you have to do if you are a 'Mum'!!
     This half term, we baked Rainbow cupcakes. My children absolutely enjoyed making them Another funny incident that occurred that day is, I forgot to buy the whipping cream needed for icing . So I sent my son to buy some and he came home with a pack of single cream. While I was wondering how to decorate the cupcakes with the single cream, the clarification that he gave made me laugh. He thought that his calorie conscious Mum would not approve if he buys full fat double cream loaded with calories😀😀
   So eventhough we could not decorate our cupcakes to perfection, we had loads of fun, which is more important, isn't it??
     I have followed the recipe from one of the food magazines and haven't made any changes to the original recipe.

Ingredients & recipe-
For 12 cupcakes
125 gm plain flour
250 gm condensed milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
85 gm butter
1.5 tsp baking powder
Red, yellow,green and blue food colours
For icing-
Whipping cream
Icing sugar
Decorations of your choice like fresh fruits, glazed cherries or hundreds and thousands etc

1)Preheat the oven on 180°,gas mark4
2)Mix all the ingredients for the cakes and beat them well with a hand mixer.
3)Split the batter in 5 different bowls.
4)Add different food colour in each bowl and leave one bowl with the original batter in it. So now we have cske batter in 5 different colours.
5)Line the muffin tray with cup cake cases and pour a spoon each of each coloured batter in it.
6)Bake the cupcakes in the pre-heated ovem for 15-30   minutes.
7)Once they are cooled down completely, decorate them by mixing the whipped cream with icing sugar and toppings of your choice.



No comments :

Post a Comment